Organizational Contribution Award
Since 1991, the AAMFT Research and Education Foundation has honored up to three members each year for distinctive organizational contributions to the Association.
This award may be self-nominated by an AAMFT member or nominated by another AAMFT member. Nominators must submit a curriculum vita of the person being nominated and a written statement of ways that the nominee demonstrates distinctive organizational contributions.
Nominees must be an AAMFT member for at least five years and show significant leadership in two of the following criteria:
- As an association officer;
- As an AAMFT Board, committee, or commission member, or former division leader;
- By achieving passage of federal policies and programs which promote marriage and family therapists;
- By promoting marriage and family therapy on a national level;
- By promoting family well-being through public policies.
Letter of Recommendation
All self-nominations require a letter of recommendation to be submitted with materials.
The award consists of:
- An engraved plaque presented to the winners;
- The Annual Systemic Family Therapy Conference registration fee will also be waived for the award recipient(s).
How to apply: In order to qualify for this award, interested candidates must complete an online application .
Note: The AAMFT Annual Conference registration fee will be waived for all award recipients. In order to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest, anyone who is on the AAMFT, the AAMFT Foundation, or AAMFT sponsored payroll is ineligible to be considered for an award so long as that financial relationship exists. All award recipients must be members of AAMFT with the exception of those receiving the Excellence in Media award, and at least one author of the Outstanding Research Publication award must be a member.
2020 Award Recipients
Past Recipients of the Organizational Contribution Award
- Marvarene Oliver (2019)
- Linda Schwallie (2012)
- Mary E. Hotvedt (2012)
- Cheryl Storm (1999)
- Marcia Lasswell (1999)
- Robert Stahmann (1999)
- Alan Hovestadt (1999)
- Leticia Cox (1998)
- Maureen Leahey (1997)
- Dorothy Becvar (1996)
- Lyman Wynne (1995)