Organizational Contribution Award
Since 1991, the AAMFT Research & Education Foundation has honored up to three members each year for distinctive organizational contributions to the Association. The award consists of a plaque, up to $1,000 per recipient for travel reimbursement to the Annual Conference, and the conference registration fee will be waived. The AAMFT Foundation will reimburse up to the total of $1,000 for economy class airfare, transportation to/from airport/hotel, meals per AAMFT allowances for the one day of the ceremony, and one night's hotel stay at one of the AAMFT conference hotels (at the special discounted rate) for the night of the ceremony. You must submit itemized receipts upon your return from the conference. Alcohol will not be reimbursed.
Nominees must be an AAMFT member for at least five years and show significant leadership in two of the following criteria:
- As an association officer;
- As an AAMFT Board, committee, or commission member, or former division leader;
- By achieving passage of federal policies and programs which promote marriage and family therapists;
- By promoting marriage and family therapy on a national level;
- By promoting family well-being through public policies. Nominators must submit a curriculum vita of the person being nominated and a written statement of ways that the nominee demonstrates distinctive organizational contributions.
How to apply: In order to qualify for this award, interested candidates must complete an online application.
Note: The AAMFT Annual Conference registration fee will be waived for all award recipients. In order to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest, anyone who is on the AAMFT or divisional payroll is ineligible to be considered for an award so long as that financial relationship exists. All award recipients must be members of AAMFT with the exception of those receiving the Excellence in Media award, and at least one author of the Outstanding Research Publication award must be a member.
Past Recipients of the Organizational Contribution Award
- Linda Schwallie (2012)
- Mary E. Hotvedt (2012)
- Cheryl Storm (1999)
- Marcia Lasswell (1999)
- Robert Stahmann (1999)
- Alan Hovestadt (1999)
- Leticia Cox (1998)
- Maureen Leahey (1997)
- Dorothy Becvar (1996)
- Lyman Wynne (1995)